Friday, March 12, 2010

Vegan "Egg" Salad


This is adapted from a recipe I found. I really do miss egg salad. A friend of mine (Febe) and I went on a binge about a year ago where we had it at least once a day. I use it as a snack or a meal and bring it with me to parties so that myself and other vegans have something to eat. Not only that but if you don't serve it on the bread and cut out the Vegenaise it is totally raw.

Ingredients:
2 cakes of firm tofu
2 small onions (diced)
2 celery stalks (diced)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 table spoon Canola or safflower oil
1 teaspoon of Tumeric
1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
1 teaspoon of Vegenaise
whole wheat break
Paprika (to taste)

Directions:
Mash your tofu up in a mixing bowl until it is chunky but not smooth. Add the onions, celery, soy sauce, tumeric and salt. Mix up well. Stir in the vegenaise and stick in the fridge until you are ready to use it.

Put the salad on the slice of bread. Garish with thinly cut radish's, cucumber, bean sprouts and anything else that you would like. Sprinkle some of the paprika on top.

0 comments: