Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vegan Eating

I often get from my parents and other people around me questions about how I could possibly be getting everything that I need form a vegan diet. My boy friends mother even suggested that I needed to go and see a nutritionist regarding the lack of meat in my diet.

While I appreciate the concern I get from people regarding my health I politely have to tell them that some of the top research groups in the country (including the Mayo Clinic) support a plant based diet over the traditional meat and potato's diet that has been brainwashed into our society. Never mind that there are tons of athelites that have used a plant based diet to enhance their game including MMA fighters, runners, mountian climbers, dancers, triatholone winners, ect.

Still for new Veggies that I looking to replace things in their diets it can be a rather daunting task. I know it was for me when I started. In responce to that I thought it would be helpful to put up this Vegan Food Pyrimid.

0 comments: