Thursday, January 28, 2010

Steamed Artichoke with Israeli Couscous

Sorry that I haven't been posting as often as I was! School has been killing me so pasta seems to be the fast food of choice. All the same last night Alyssa made me an amazing meal! It seriously knocked my socks off.

Ingredients:
1 artichoke
Vegan Butter (I use Earth Balance)
Garlic (minced)
Lemon juice
1/2 a cup of dry Israeli Couscous (per person)

Start off by steaming your artichoke. Mine takes around 35 minutes.


When that is almost done take the couscous and make it as you would pasta and drain.

Once the artichoke is steamed keep it on warm. Melt butter before adding the garlic and lemon juice to taste. Pour into a bowl and serve.




If you've never eaten a whole artichoke it is totally different. Pull the leaves off and scape the meat off of the ends of the leaves. You can also eat the heart and then stem. It is sooooooooooo good!

0 comments: