Saturday, April 17, 2010

Agave Oat Bread


So I adapted this from my friend Destiny, who makes a killer Honey Oat Bread. I hope that one day I can be as good of a baker as she is but I am still learning with that. All that I really did was use agave syrup instead of honey. As a vegan option you can also use a maple syrup for a nice sweet breakfast bread.

Is is a nice doughy one that tastes a bit like a harder Hawaiian sweet bread.

Ingredients:

10 oz Water
1 - 1/2 teaspoons - Salt
2 tablespoons - Agave or maple syrup
1 - 1/2 tablespoons -Margarine
2/3 cup - Quick Cook Oats

3 - 1/4 cups - Bread Flour
2 teas - Active Dry Yeast

I like a crispier crust so I put it in my bread machine under the dark crust setting but you can do a light or medium depending on what you personally prefer.

On a note, when using a bread machine, always put your wet ingredients in first. Follow with the dry and then put in the yeast, making sure that it does not touch the water.

0 comments: