Monday, May 9, 2011

Cold Summer Quinoa Salad


There is a recipe that is very similar to this at Central Market that I absolutely love! Its close to an addiction that's how much I love it. But at nearly 6 dollars a pound I would be better off having a drug addiction.

So I looked at the ingredients on the label and decided to give it a try myself! This is a great food to have at dinner. Even better then that it keeps for about 4 days and is easy to stick in a Tupperware container and take anywhere with you!

Ingredients:

-1 cup of dried tri-color Quinoa
-2 Cups of water
-1 red pepper (Chopped)
-1 can of organic corn (Drained)
-1 large avocado (Chopped)
-handful or cilantro (Chopped)

Please keep in mind that this will cook quite a bit.

Cook Quinoa as you normally would. For those of you who have never cooked quinoa its almost just like cooking couscous. Bring water to a boil before placing drained quinoa into the pot. Cover and simmer until it is clear.

Move and chill until cold. In a large bowl mix the rest of your ingredients. Mix in Quinoa and stir everything together well.

Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.

4 comments:

ginger said...

This looks similar to a recipe I received in a cooking class at Central Market. It is seriously my favorite thing in the entire world, and I cannot make it often enough. If you'd like the recipe I have I'd be more than happy to share it with you. :)

Winnie said...

Hi Ginger, I'd love to have that Cental Market recipe if you don't mind sharing. Please email to me at wwshek@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Would love to have this central market recipe as well, if dont mind sharing!
Paige.primos@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Just saw your post, and I have been wanting this recipe since I first tasted their salad. If you'd share it, I'd be grateful! debk.miller@sbcglobal.net