Sunday, October 24, 2010

LiveStrong 5k!

I am the one in the Blue.




Well Yesterday was my first 5K! It was tons of fun and not as hard as I thought it would be...I mean today I am soar but I could defintley do more. I completed it in 35 minutes; not bad for my first time and I will do even better next one!

So what does this mean for me? It means a lot. You see I am a dancer and what do you hear from dancers all of the time? "Dancers cant really run." It's our ankles really. Ankles have a lot of stress in them when you dance, primarily in Ballet due to the extreme stress. Well, I want to be a dancer that can run too...and apparently I can!

A healthy life style means alot to me...that is the reason why I am vegan. But eating isn't all there is to health. Working out, cardio and strength training is just as important. Still to do that you need the right food in your system, so it's nothing and everything but a cycle of health.

The moral: Half Marathon is next!

0 comments: