Friday, February 12, 2010

Cuban Sweet Potato "Steaks"

One of the hardest parts of me of being vegan is that I sometimes feel guilty that I don't cook my boyfriend/roommate meat. He doesn't seem to mind but he being a red blooded Texan makes me feel like I should cook something for him. This is something that I made the other day that he really liked!

Ingredients:

1 sweet potato (Cut into fourths)
4-6 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 large clove of garlic (minced)
tablespoon of fresh cut parsley
1 lime (juice)
Salt
Pepper

Preheat your oven at 400 degrees.

In a large bowl toss the potato pieces in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Line them up on a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray. Cook these in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The pieces should be soft but still resistant when up stick a knife into them.

Take them out of the oven and let cool for about ten minutes or until you can touch them. Take the rest of the olive oil, the juice of the lime, parsley and minced garlic and toss them in it again. You can add more pepper to this as well.

Serve like this or at room temp. Yummy!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I love sweet potatoes. Your recipe and pictures of this dish have my mouth watering......and I'm not even hungry. I think I will try your recipe. I will let you know how they turn out.

Rachel